Fred S Crofts
- University of Pretoria - B.Sc (Civ) Eng. 1971 – 1974.
- Spent one year at the State University of Ghent in 1976 and followed a post graduate course in Ruimtelijke Ordening en Stedebouw"
- University of the Witwatersrand - GDE, 1986.
- ND: Property Valuation - Technikon SA, 1994
- ACT: Advanced Concrete Technologist – Imperial College, 2003.
- Professional Engineer – ECSA (# 790414).
- Associate professional valuer (#2993/9)
- MSAICE : Member of the South African Institution of Civil Engineers
- MASCE : Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (#203661)
- MBMS: Member British Masonry Society
- MSAAI: Member of the South African Acoustic Institute
- MCSSA: Member of the Concrete Society of South Africa
- MSAIV: Member of the South African Institute of Valuers
- Construction Document Reviews: Technical review of structural details, materials and
specifications; value engineering for structural systems, material cost and selection.
- Masonry and Structural Restoration: Condition assessment and structural surveys for
masonry and paving systems; provides remedial repair and restoration recommendations.
- Forensic Investigations: Investigations of structural and non-structural failures; provide expert
witness and legal testimony.
Fred was associated with the Tshwane University of Technology where he was at the forefront in the field of structural masonry and masonry materials produced over 10 masonry publications, including a 309 page Handbook on concrete masonry design and detailing with his co-author John Lane.
He currently serves on the JSD (Joint Structural Division) committee of SAICE (South Africa Institution of Civil Engineering), the ECSA (Engineering Council of South Africa) investigation committee (IC) and currently (2014) chairs the SABS (South African Bureau of Standards) SC98E committee for the design on masonry structures tasked to compile masonry design and material standards.
-Property Valuers. Temporary Structure Specialists
CTMM Accredited Fire Safety Consultants